Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ready to Serve


This is the first painting of 2008. I have always wanted to paint china and crystal, and after reading "Stunning Crystal & Glass" by Joyce Roletto Faulknor, I decided to give it a shot. The teapot is based on an antique I inherited from my maternal grandmother and the china teacups were a find in New London, Connecticut, some 16 years ago. The flowers were just Kroger flowers that I bought instead of a poinsettia, for something different this past holiday season. I normally paint very tight and precise. For me this is a loose painting, kind of an experiment.

"READY TO SERVE" Transparent Watercolor on 140# CP Arches, 12 X16"

2 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

What a fresh and dynamic painting for he new year. I'm looking forward to seeing more work soon.

Wytanirdi said...

Wow! I love the transparency/translucency in the vase.